Follow Friday is a weekly blog hop meme that is hosted by Parajunkee's View. Each week a new blogger is featured, so the rest of the world can get to know people behind the names.

This week's question comes from Backseat Reader: What are you doing to prepare for an upcoming zombie apocalypse and/or the return of Mel Gibson to the silver screen? (Both of which could be terrifying.)

Muhahahaha... I had to get that out of my system. Such a funny question.

I've never thought about preparing for the zombie apocalypse, even though the CDC did post something about how to prepare for a zombie invasion. You can see for yourself here. As for me, being prepared wouldn't matter much for me because I move like a geriatrics patient. I'm from the South-- we don't get in a hurry. I'd be one of the first taken out. Although, I could use some of my secret Super Ninja moves to ward off a few rogue zombies... depends on how much coffee I have before the attack. The root of my action plan is to buy lots of bandaids and a new zombie-friendly recipe book.

As for Mel Gibson, let's not think about that. Zombies are scary enough. Maybe he's a zombie? (Sorry Mel! I loved you back in the day, but you've gone over the deep end with Charlie... so we can't be cool anymore.)

15 comments:

Semisweet said... .

I didn't know the CDC posted about zombies! V. Cool!! Thanks for the link, and nice post. : )

Happy Friday.

semisweetbookblog.blogspot.com (here's my ff)

June 3, 2011 at 11:41 AM
Autumn @ From the TBR Pile said... .

I get my inspiration from Zombieland!

New follower from Follow Friday

Autumn at From the TBR Pile

June 3, 2011 at 11:52 AM
Amy said... .

Hi there, new follower here! Love your blog! :)

June 3, 2011 at 12:14 PM
Flippin' Fabulous said... .

Hi!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog AND Design/Photography page. The kind compliments mean a lot! I'm still putting it all together and trying to make it work!

Have a good weekend,
Stacey

June 3, 2011 at 5:44 PM
Howard Sherman said... .

As the saying goes – the best defense is a good offense. I’ve got that covered! My preparations for the zombie apocalypse are not just intricate, they’re stylish. I’m not talking “last stand” stuff here. I mean to lure in the zombies and slaughter them wholesale while we sip champagne and watch.

How am I going to do that? Follow me back to my blog at http://www.howardsherman.net and read all about it.

Thank G-d it’s Follow Friday!

Howard Sherman, Implementor

June 3, 2011 at 6:07 PM
Trish (Just a YA Girl) said... .

hahah! Oh yes, us unicorn and rainbow girls don't like zombies (or jaws for that matter) very much.

Thanks for the follow!
~ Trish Just a YA Girl

June 3, 2011 at 7:46 PM
Bookish Brunette said... .

I <3 You and shall protect you from the zombies! ;)

June 3, 2011 at 7:51 PM
BookBelle said... .

Yay for English Lit Majors! We rule and we rock. Thanks for stopping by!

June 3, 2011 at 9:01 PM
D (Paperback Heart) said... .

Great answer! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

June 3, 2011 at 9:18 PM
Misty said... .

hahahahaha!

June 3, 2011 at 9:26 PM
As the Crowe Flies and Reads said... .

hi--found you indirectly through a hop when visiting BookBelle's site and I liked your comments there. I guess that means I cyberstalked your blog, but please don't hold that against me. I'm also from the South and thus would need a rather large provocation to move swiftly.

June 3, 2011 at 11:13 PM
As the Crowe Flies and Reads said... .

June 3, 2011 at 11:15 PM
Loren Chase said... .

I definitely just checked out that link for the CDC, so awesome lol! And you're right, buttered flavored Jelly bellies are the BEST! Thanks for stopping by! New follower ;)

~Loren

June 4, 2011 at 7:28 AM
BookMarc Blogpants said... .

Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. I was startled awake this morning by your blog title but then realized it was "flashlight" with an "a" and not an "e". That would have been too weird even for me. :)
New follower.
Marc

June 4, 2011 at 11:27 AM
Steph from fangswandsandfairydust.com said... .

Are Jimmy Choos comfy? None of my Cole Hahns are. The Stw Weitzmans aren't bad tho'. If you buy an island with a castle oes it count? Stop by if b4 midnight you could enter Jen Turner's great contest. I have a 2-part interview up with her too. New GFC and Titter follower. Stop on by: <a href="http://fangswandsandfairydust.com”)> Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust</a>
@fangswandsfairy