Waiting on Wednesday (5)

Photobucket

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
I love Jane Austen! Who doesn't, right? I also LOVE Shannon Hale. Really. I'm secretly obsessed with her books. Ever since I read The Goose Girl years ago, I get giddy when I see her name on a book. So, how could I not get excited about her newest book....

When Charlotte Kinder treats herself to a two-week vacation at Austenland, she happily leaves behind her ex-husband and his delightful new wife, her ever-grateful children, and all the rest of her real life in America. She dons a bonnet and stays at a country manor house that provides an immersive Austen experience, complete with gentleman actors who cater to the guests' Austen fantasies.

Everyone at Pembrook Park is playing a role, but increasingly, Charlotte isn't sure where roles end and reality begins. And as the parlor games turn a little bit menacing, she finds she needs more than a good corset to keep herself safe. Is the brooding Mr. Mallery as sinister as he seems? What is Miss Gardenside's mysterious ailment? Was that an actual dead body in the secret attic room? And-perhaps of the most lasting importance-could the stirrings in Charlotte's heart be a sign of real-life love?

17 comments:

Rebecca said... .

I'm an Austen lover too. This looks good! Thanks for sharing:)

November 23, 2011 at 8:36 AM
Carina Olsen said... .

I have never read any Jane Austen books (A) But that may be because I so far only read YA books. That may change later though :) Great pick!
Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3 And yeah, agree with your comment about YA shape shifters :)
Love, Carina

November 23, 2011 at 9:47 AM
Traci @ The Reading Geek said... .

Thanks for stopping by. Great pick, I can't wait for this one as well it sounds great.

November 23, 2011 at 12:23 PM
Kat C said... .

Okay, is this the book that is being made into a movie and Stephenie Meyer and KStew are some how involved ?

I love that a book can make you happy. How awesome.

November 23, 2011 at 12:46 PM
Van Pham said... .

Oh this one sounds great, awesome pick!

Btw I read your "About me" section :) I live near the beach we well (s. california), not a fan of beaches either. Although, everyone finds that extremely strange haha.

Thanks for stopping by my blog, Happy Holidays! :)

November 23, 2011 at 1:18 PM
Jump Into Books said... .

I love Jane Austen! Anything that has to do with her, and I love the re-writings of Mr Darcy books. I'm gonna have to check this out!

November 23, 2011 at 2:12 PM
Book Sake said... .

I do love my Austen. Haven't read the author before, but this looks good.
Jessica @ Book Sake

November 23, 2011 at 3:16 PM
Caitlin said... .

I read Austenland awhile ago, and I remember really enjoying myself. I sorta wish this place existed in real life.. lol

November 23, 2011 at 3:46 PM
Maria Behar said... .

Hi, there!

Thanks for commenting on my WOW post today!! I greatly appreciate it!!

This book sounds fabulous!! Any book having anything to do with Jane Austen's work has GOT to be fascinating, so count me in!! I'm adding this novel to my TBR pile!! Thanks for featuring it!!!! Woot!! : )

Maria @ http://anightsdreamofbooks.blogspot.com/

November 23, 2011 at 8:18 PM
Maria Behar said... .

Oh, I almost forgot....HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

November 23, 2011 at 8:25 PM
Christy @TheReaderBee said... .

Oh, I loved Austenland! I can't wait to get started on this one. :) Happy Reading!

November 23, 2011 at 9:02 PM
Maria said... .

I've heard such great things about Shannon Hale's books, I really really need give them a try! Thanks so much for stopping by earlier! New Follower! :)

November 24, 2011 at 1:40 AM
Books For All Seasons said... .

One of my customers love Jane Austen! She likes this kind of book. I like the cover though! The book does sound very interesting!!! Great choice!! Thank you for sharing!

Thank you for stopping by and commenting on my blog!

Sam
Books For All Seasons

November 24, 2011 at 2:51 AM
Angie @ Beneath the Jacket said... .

I love Shannon Hale! The first book I read by her was Princess Academy and fell in love. I haven't read Austenland yet, but this one sounds fascinating too! I love Jane Austen.

And thanks for the follow (it's been returned)!

November 24, 2011 at 3:01 AM
Sylke said... .

This book sounds very nice! I might give it a try, seems like my kind of book :)

Thanks for your comment on my blog, I'm a new follower for sure.
Sylke

November 24, 2011 at 6:45 AM
Sherre said... .

Thanks for stopping by!! Following back. I love Jane Austen too! Great post!

November 24, 2011 at 12:11 PM
A Backwards Story said... .

I can't wait for this one as well!

And I KNOW!! I'm really excited that Kiera Cass has a mermaid book for me to read now!!! I'm waiting to see if it re-releases when THE SELECTION comes out :)

November 24, 2011 at 10:10 PM