"Tell us about one of your posts from this week and give us a link so we can read it (review or otherwise)!"
Just yesterday I had a conversation with some of my students about books that I just "love." During the conversation, however, I realized I couldn't remember everything about my so-called "favorite" books. So, I wrote out a list of my favorite books that I pledge to re-read during this year. My list can be found under the post "What's On Your To Be Re-Read List?"
I was talking with an 8th grade student today about books (love those conversations). Of course, I started talking about all of my "favorites" as I tried to recommend books for her to read. During the discussion, though, I realized that it has been sooooo long since I've read some of my "favorites" that I can barely remember the major plot elements. Even worse, (gasp) I was mixing plots! So, I've decided to create a re-read list. This is what I have so far:
1. Ophelia by Lisa M. Klein
2. All the books set in Tortall by Tamora Pierce (I think that's 15 books total!) After all, doesn't it make sense to re-read the books that feature a kick-butt female character that has the exact same name as myself?! That alone is reason for a re-read.
3. Goose Girl by Shannon Hale
4. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
5. The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint Exupery
6. Fairest by Gail Carson Levine
7. Go Ask Alice
8. Whirligig by Paul Fleischman
9. Breathing Underwater by Alex Flinn
10. The Gemma Doyle Series by Libba Bray
I borrowed this review from a fellow book blogger. This book is still sitting in my "To Be Read" box (which you know consists of several boxes). I'll be placing this book on the classroom bookshelf by the end of the week.
That Bookish Girl: Review: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perk...: "Book: Anna and the French Kiss (Stephanie Perkins) Series or Stand-Alone: Stand-AlonePages: 372 Genre: Young Adult Purchase A Copy: Amazon..."