I mean SUPER secret stuff...
I don't know if you're ready for this. It's pretty awesome, and might cause mild heart palpitations.
You've probably already heard that Rick Riordan is writing a new series. No, I'm not talking about the Norse mythology series. I'll touch on that in a bit. I'm talking about his new demi-god series all about Apollo. I first read about it here. But I have some information you may not know.
Seems the master himself wanted to announce his earth shattering news close to Disney (ya know, since Disney Hyperion publishes all his stuff). So, they call up Books-a-Million near Disney and put together an event at Osceola County School of the Arts because it's the closest location to hold a large crowd near the mouse.
And that's when things get real.
My partner in crime happened to be driving along, minding her own business Friday morning, when she heard the announcement on the radio. A few changes to last minute plans and a magic ticket later, and she's in the audience. (Incidentally, this is also along the time that a co-worker muses how he likes how the word "following" has replaced "stalking" in our author conversations. We prefer the term "investigate." Less likely to land us in jail.) My phone was blowing up. Not only is she scoring us copies of Magnus Cane (signed) along with some super cool swag, but she's feeding me details like a mother bird feeding a hungry nest of hatchlings.
Here is what she had to say:
- The Percy Jackson series is getting a whole new cover redesign (yay). When you put them together in order (side by side) the covers will form a panoramic image. Awesome.
- Magnus Cane is supposed to look like Kurt Cobain. Seriously. He said that himself-- ask him. And by the way, how awesome is that? Pretty iconic and I think I might be in love already. Hammer of Thor (book 2) comes out next year.
- So yeah, The Trials of Apollo is basically going back to Percy's roots. Ok, maybe not completely, but all our old faves are going to be back in the action. 5 books on the way! June 2016 people! Get ready!
- What's Trials of Apollo going to be about? How can these characters make a reappearance and still be fresh? Well, obviously by making the plot something new. This story is going to tell the tale of Zeus's punishment for Apollo-- making him human! Oh, and they are going back to Camp Halfblood.
- And if you don't think Rick Riordan is busy enough, the man is working on a cross over series too! (Demigods and Magicians) What in the world. When does he sleep? Heck, when does he write?! So.much.awesomeness. Check stores around April 5, 2016.
and that's when he dropped the mic and walked off.
Okay, that last part didn't really happen but it might as well been like that. Crowds were going wild. But that is when you got to grab your loot. Wooooo!